Tuesday, March 02, 2004

There's an interesting side story which John left out of his journal entry.
Lets call that story "THE KEY". I called John on the day he left for New York, hoping to catch him before he went to the airport. I was to late, and only got his voicemail. I assumed that he had remembered to leave the key to his house where ALL our equiptment was...afterall, how could we go on tour without it ? So, I left John a voicemail saying "I'm sure you remembered to leave a key. Where is it?" It was an hour or so later when I got a call from John who was fresh off his flight to NY..."I have the key right here, I'll Fed-Ex it back to Chicago today." Here's where things get interesting. The key was to show up on the 25th, tour was to start on the 26th. The key never showed up...well, it did...but it showed up sometime between 4:30 and 5:00 pm on the 25th, and was locked up in the office at our apartment building. Needless to say, I was unaware of its presence. So, long story short...John calls over to Mr. X (again, as in Johns post, no need for secrecy, but in this case it seems fun to use an alias) who lives in the house where all our stuff is at and informs him of the situation.
He lets John know that he leaves for work at 8:30am so we need to come before that to load the van. This is fine of course, as we definitely need our gear. So I wake up around 7:30, as does Liz who is meeting me at the house. I get there early and bring all the gear outside, Liz shows up, we load the van and leave. Now, it's only 9:00 am and we don't have to leave for the show until noon. So we go back to my apartment to rest up. Of course I check my mail when we get back, and sure enough (cue dramatic music) THE KEY has arrived. At this point it really did not matter that it had come, but it was nice to know that it was there...just a little to late.
Ok, that's the story of the key.

On the way to the show Liz and I spent 6 hours singing in the van. Listened to a lot of Prince, and I did my kick ass sing-a-long to the soundtrack of Little Shop of Horrors.
Anyway, we're getting ready to head to Jersey City for night 6 of the tour. Things have been going really well...I'm done typing now. Bye.